You can explore this advocacy tool in several different ways:
- Learn about the different forms gender discrimination can take in the health workforce (pregnancy and family responsibilities, occupational segregation, wage discrimination, sexual harassment) by clicking the photos above. Within each, choose Examine to see the ways in which data can be used to identify gender inequalities in the heath workforce and to make decisions on the type of advocacy and action needed. You can select Act to identify gender-transformative interventions and strategies that could be implemented to address gender inequalities and discrimination in your country context.
- Select Advocacy to review a nine-step Advocacy Strategy Development approach and how it can be applied to advocate for relevant national stakeholders to take a stand against gender discrimination and create a more effective workforce.
- Discover Resources that you can use to apply some of the described actions, review lessons learned from Country Examples, and further educate yourself about reducing gender discrimination and promoting gender equality in the health workforce.
- Review key terms mentioned throughout the site in the Glossary.
- Click on hyperlinks throughout the site for additional references, resources, reports, tools, and examples related to gender equality in the health workforce.