Evaluation and Knowledge-Sharing
CapacityPlus is advancing the field of human resources for health (HRH) by building, communicating, and disseminating the evidence base that will transform emerging practices into best practices.
By conducting evaluations and case studies of innovative HRH interventions, CapacityPlus will show how HRH investments contribute to strengthening health systems and improving health outcomes. The project is expanding the evidence base by designing evaluation protocols that can be applied to future HRH approaches, conducting systematic reviews of emerging practices in gender and HRH, and producing technical briefs that highlight health workforce measurement and considerations in service provision.
CapacityPlus is developing practical tools that enable decision-makers to monitor HRH performance to meet family planning/reproductive health and HIV/AIDS service needs, including innovative, adaptable frameworks and indicators. The project provides support to strengthen local capacity to design and conduct effective HRH program monitoring, evaluation, and applied research. Through these efforts, CapacityPlus strives to ensure that high-quality data and information are used by HRH practitioners for planning and policy development.
The project’s communications and knowledge management approach uses a variety of channels—websites, e-mail, eLearning, social media, publications—to connect key audiences with information to impact HRH programs and decision-making and advocate for HRH issues. The HRH Global Resource Center (GRC) is the world’s largest digital library for policy-makers, managers, and practitioners at all levels of the health workforce, serving an average of 70,000 visitors a month in 170 countries and more than 1,800 eLearning users. The GRC offers librarian research services and a growing portfolio of partnerships and free online courses to support HRH training, knowledge development, and sharing.
Types of Technical Assistance
- Identifying essential, evidence-based HRH intervention strategies
- Strengthening HRH monitoring and evaluation capacity at global and national levels
- Ensuring rigorous evaluation protocols are applied in assessing the implementation of innovative HRH interventions, approaches, and tools
- Creating regional and global partnerships to advocate for and advance the HRH evaluation agenda and stimulate further investments
- Providing online opportunities for learning and sharing evidence-based HRH information
- Developing collaborations for HRH communications and knowledge-sharing.
Tools and Resources